For some reasons, many Bangla Lion users are randomly not being able to consume many static contents from Google+. They are also not being able to download any email attachments from Gmail. What’s happening? Google serves their content from googleusercontent.com. Gmail attachments are also served from a sub-domain of this domain. For some unknown reasons we can not access that domain sometimes, sometimes we can.
Just a few moments ago, when I complained to Bangla Lion customer care, the customer manager helped me fix the problem. What we did?
1) First we set no proxies. On my Firefox 5, I had proxies set to system proxies. Bangla Lion’s customer manager suggested that I should set no proxy or automatic detection for proxies. I changed it to no proxy. For this, I went to Firefox Menu > Options > Options > Advanced > Network > Settings (I am using FF5).
2) Then I went to “Network and Sharing Center” > “Change Adapter Settings”. I right clicked on my Bangla Lion connection (I am using the indoor device, so mine is a wired network) and selected “Properties”. In the “Networking” tab, I double clicked on the TCP/IPv4 entry. The dialog box I got, it let me define how my IP address and DNS addresses are obtained. I manually set the DNS Servers to: 18.104.22.168 & 22.214.171.124 .
The customer manager also gave me another pair of DNS in case I still have an issue: 126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52
This was supposedly a good sign of proper customer service, which I had read the other day on https://www.salesforce.com/products/guide/lead-gen/.
3) I cleared my browser’s cache and everything was okay. To test things, I have restarted my router several times to see what happens when I am assigned to different IP address. Everything looks fine.
So, the description I gave so far is very specific to Windows 7 and Firefox. A general instruction for any OS and any browser should be:
1) Make sure you’re not using any proxies.
2) Change your network’s DNS to: 184.108.40.206 & 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 & 22.214.171.124
3) Clear the cache and offline data.
I am satisfied with Bangla Lion’s customer care, at least they put some people who knows something. When GP started image optimization, it was a night mare. +1 to Bangla Lion for their informative customer care service.