I used to be die hard Google fan but now a days, I’m getting disappointed with Google and Google products. Let’s see!
- Blogger sucks big time! It was okay and probably the best in the pre-wordpress age! But now? No plugin! A top bar that is not removable. What do you have unique? Nothing! WordPress rocks! Other services are providing the same or better services than Blogger. Dear Google, you might know that your Rival Microsoft is now migrating to WordPress leaving their old platform. Can you please wake up?
- Gmail is sometimes delivering emails late. Specially when the email has large attachment. In my case I had to wait one whole day to receive 35MB emails. Shame! The attachment size is still pretty low! While Yahoo! and Hotmail is providing unlimited storage for my emails, Gmail asks me to buy extra storage! No way! Come on Google, you place more ads inside my inbox, still I have to pay more for extra storage? Sorry, I won’t!
- Adsense is rejecting http://masnun.me referring to “inappropriate contents”. They don’t even bother to tell me what’s inappropriate about my site! Sorry Google, I’m not you! I can’t read people’s
- Previously, I could add any number of users in my Google Apps account. Now it’s 50 only! Not only that, you need to pay for full features. Why do I have to use Google Chrome to register my apps mail service to be the default mail handler?
- Google App Engine supports only Python and Java. I know Python and I use that. I don’t really like the idea of using other languages via JVM.
- Why do I have to pay money to submit my Chrome extension to the official gallery? Can’t Google moderate the gallery to remove extensions manually?
- What about Google talk? I can’t afford to keep my web browser open to remain online or do video chat. No major update to Google Talk for a long time now!
- Google Chrome offers to remember password every time I log into some site. But never offers to remember the password when I need most. Yes, Chrome doesn’t offer to remember password for HTTP AUTH! 🙁
There’s many more to it! I just can’t remember them right now!